"How good it would be an indicator that tells you whether the price of the is part of a trend, or is in a flat, allowing to ignore the false breakouts and market" noise "and focus on the real movement!"
choppiness Index - non-directional indicator to determine to the flat / trending . He oscillates between the values of -50 (very trendy) and 50 (very to the flat).
Choppiness Index indicator allows to implement several strategies:
1. 1. Purchase / sale on the break of the rebound from the extreme values Choppiness Index
- CI movement below +11.8 (transition from motion to the flat to trend) after rebound from high CI values may indicate the beginning of a trend approaching (the price must be confirmed)
- A more conservative approach wait for the CI will not pass 0 (shown in the screenshot)
2. 2. Trend following (determining when to enter and when not to)
- If the market is the trend and the value of CI is less than +11.8 more than three times, the trend is likely to continue. If CI crosses the level +11.8 three times or more, the trend is near completion
3. Improving the efficiency of trading by confirming the current conditions prior to entering into a transaction. Many trading more effective in specific market conditions. Specify the required values to the flat / trending, using CI.
- Thresholds are commonly used indicator for determining Choppiness Index to the flat / trend movements. well-known Fibonacci levels are most commonly used: +11.8 to -11.8 threshold to the flat and the trend for the threshold
- The indicator works well in conjunction with the trend lines and the pattern recognition
Pop-up messages, sound alerts and email notifications, you can turn on / off for the following events. Note that the recipient's e-mail address and SMTP information should be available in 4 settings before using e-mail alerts.
- Choppiness Index crosses 0
- Choppiness Index is above a user-defined upper (to the flat) Threshold (Default = 11.8)
- Choppiness Index is below a user-defined lower (trend) Threshold (Default = -11.8)
- CHOP period (Default = 14): the number of bars to calculate the indicator
- CHOP smoothing (Default = 1): optional smoothing period applied to the indicator (can increase the download time). 1 = no anti-aliasing, >1 = large smoothing (set value is used as the smoothing period)
- Plot circles when CI > upper threshold: draw circles when the CI value crosses the upper threshold. When True intersection distinguished circles
- Plot circles when CI < lower threshold: draw circles when the CI value crosses the lower threshold. When True intersection distinguished circles
- Plot circles when CI crosses zero: draw circles when CI value crosses the zero level. When True intersection distinguished circles
- Turn on / off all alerts: True = alarm enabled, false = Alert suspended
- Alert when CI crosses 0: If true, it will be submitted notifications when Choppiness Index value crosses 0
- Alert when CI is above upper threshold: When true alerts are delivered when Choppiness Index value will be above a user-defined upper (to the flat) threshold
- Upper alert threshold (Default = 11.8): A user-defined upper threshold for alert
- Alert when CI is below lower threshold: When true alerts are delivered when Choppiness Index value will be below a user-defined lower (trend) threshold
- Lower alert threshold (Default = -11.8): A user-defined lower threshold for alert
- Turn on alerts message: the inclusion of a pop-up warning
- Turn on alerts sound: the inclusion of audible warning
- Turn on alerts email: inclusion of e-mail notifications
Quantum Euro Weighted USD Index Indicator The US dollar is at the center of all financial markets. This is the main reserve and safe haven for...
Quantum US Dollar Index Indicator I would not want to state the obvious, but the US dollar - is the most important currency for , and not only on...
Trendiness Index MT5 "The trend - each " . This is one of the most famous sayings in trading , because the correct definition of a trend can help...
- Break It Down
- Face Smiling Trend